Friday, September 23, 2011

You Are Strong and You Are Great!

I’ve been thinking lately about life.  Deep, I know.  Life can feel kind of hard sometimes.  We’ve all had hard times and easy times, content times and tumultuous times, definitely sad times and many joyous times.  It’s fascinating how many different feelings, experiences, thought processes, opinions, opinion changes, and personal realizations we have.  Through all of the organized chaos, (and it is organized!) I have no idea how I would make it through without all the helps that Heavenly Father has put in my life!  Family, friends, leaders, examples, prophets, scriptures, insights, “aha” moments (love those!), spiritual times, not so spiritual times (the comparison is sobering), tender feelings, chastisement, and love.  Lots and lots of love.  Sometimes, I forget how much “amazing” there is in my life and I do something wrong or I have a bad attitude, or sometimes someone I love chooses wrong and what always follows is a broken heart.  Broken hearts hurt.  Sometimes they are devastating.  Sometimes the pain is so deep, you think you’ll never get back.  The only thing to do then, is just keep going, just keep trying.  To give up or to hang on to that pain only weakens us.  It separates us from love, tenderness, light and truth.  Those are the things that make life the best, most wonderful, loveliest thing we can experience.  The most amazing, the most deeply touching thing that we’ve been given is our Savior, Jesus Christ.  He is the kind and tender remover of our pain, our sorrow, our self loathing, and our broken hearts.  He is The Healer in every sense of the word.  He takes away our weakness and gives us strength and power.  All we need to do is, don’t give up!  Don’t give in!  Remember, You are Strong and You are Great!  You… are among the best!

Take Heart

1 comment:

  1. That is an excellent quote. Pretty sure I need to post it somewhere in my house.

    ReplyDelete